Raw Honey Is Full Of Sweet Surprises!
Raw honey is one of nature’s most interesting and diverse products. Whether you’re adding it to tea or using it to help manage seasonal allergies, raw honey is packed with nutrients, antioxidants and more. Here are our top five reasons for keeping it stocked in your pantry.
- Antioxidant-Rich: Honey is packed with antioxidants that help protect your body from free radicals. Free radicals negatively affect the aging process and may play a role in contributing to chronic diseases like cancer and heart disease.
- Nature’s Antibiotic: For thousands of years, honey has been used to heal wounds, treat fungal infections and kill harmful bacteria. It’s a natural antiseptic because it contains hydrogen peroxide.
- Prebiotic: Prebiotics are compounds found in food that help nourish good bacteria in the gut. They’re critical to maintaining a healthy digestive system and honey is a natural prebiotic. Honey has also been proven to help with certain stomach ulcers and treat diarrhea.
- Treats The Common Cold: Honey helps soothe sore throats and is a natural cough suppressant proven to be as effective as many over-the-counter medications. Add it to hot tea or take a couple of teaspoons straight to alleviate symptoms.
- Allergy Treatment: Scientific studies have not proven that honey helps alleviate symptoms, but anecdotal accounts from hundreds of years indicate that raw local honey is an effective treatment to treat seasonal allergies.